About this course
Atropine for Myopia Management will enhance your knowledge and decision-making processes for prescribing. With a fast-moving research field, this interactive two-hour course will step you through an overview of the evidence-base including comparing atropine to other treatments and combination treatments.
This intensely practical content then takes you through patient pathways, prescribing considerations from contraindications to side effects to optical corrections to formulations, steps for parent communication and informed consent, and long-term management including tapering and cessation. This course will provide you the confidence and clinical structure for safe and effective prescribing of atropine for childhood myopia.
Dr Kate Gifford PhD
- AU: 2T CPD hours, self-recorded, T-therapeutic content
What you will learn
Ch 1: Introduction
Learn about the course content, navigate the platform and set your learning goals.
- All about atropine
- How to use this course
- Your continuing education
Ch 2: Background and Science of Atropine
Explore the back story and research outcomes of topical atropine for myopia control, including which concentration works best, comparisons and combinations.
- Atropine as a systemic drug
- Why use atropine to slow myopia progression
- Concentration: the highs and lows of adding more zeros
- Comparing atropine to other treatments
- Combining orthokeratology with atropine
- The ideal atropine drop
- Test your learning 1
Ch 3: Practical Prescribing of Topical Atropine
Build on your scientific knowledge with clinical guidance from patient selection, to cautions and side effects, to prescribing considerations and parent communication.
- Patient pathways and decision trees
- Contraindications and cautions for topical atropine prescribing
- Frequency of side effects
- Which optical correction is needed?
- Triple A for atropine prescribing
- Compounding and formulations: the knowns and unknowns
- Off-label prescribing and informed consent
- Long term management: Tapering and cessation
- Test your learning 2
Ch 4: Resources and Further Learning
Further support for clinical communication and your ongoing learning.
- Educating parents
- Myopia Profile Academy: explore your next learning journey
- Congratulations, you did it! Here's what's next
Easy guideline for Myopia Control with Atropine
I like the course as it has all the essential and updated information of Atropine for myopia control with one click.
I enjoyed it
Thank you for providing this review of the newest literature of myopia in progression ! Really useful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this course eligible for continuing professional educational credits?
This couse has achieved continuing accrediation in:
- AU: 2 hours 2T CPD hours, self-recorded, T-therapeutic content
On completion, we will provide a certificate to you for self-recorded continued professional development purposes, which includes the duration of the course and continuing accreditation details for specific countries. We will also provide post-course administration to accrediting bodies where required. Check your country's requirements regarding continuing education.
When does the course start and finish?
The course is available now and never ends! It is a self-paced online course - you decide when you start, and set your own pace.
How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling you will have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.